Friday, July 18, 2008

Reader Review

Pillars of the Earth by: Ken Follett
A story from the year 1135 about monks, bishops, kings, queens and the building of cathedrals. (Oprah Book Club selection)

T is for Trespass by : Sue Grafton
Wonder what happens when a stranger gets "power of attorney" of someone's funds. Think twice!

Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key by: Jack Gantos
A lighthearted book about an 8th grade boy with ADHD living with his Mom. Once his Mom shows up again in his life, his paternal Grandmother takes off to live with his Dad. Joey has humorous encounters at school that made me laugh out loud. There were also some very challenging true to life situations Joey experienced.

Madam President: Is America Ready to Send Hillary Clinton to the White House?

by: Suzanne Goldenberg
After reading this book, I can't say I'll vote for Hillary in November. But I would say I've gone from a "Definitely Not" to an "I will give it consideration." The author addresses the mistakes and missteps Hillary has made in her political career, but she also addresses Hillary's political strengths and potential. The author gives documented information and leaves the decision to us.

No comments: